A delicious frozen peach cocktail recipe using a quick and easy homemade peach sorbet topped with your favorite champagne or prosecco.
Making refreshing frozen fruit-based cocktails is always a special treat. While I enjoy these all year round they are especially delicious during the summer on a hot day.
I have a special place in my heart for these mini frozen watermelon Pina Coladas, but given its peach season, I knew I needed to recreate a classic peach bellini recipe by creating a frozen peach puree sorbet paired with sweet sparkling wine.
Trust me, if you love traditional bellinis, you will love this recipe! Get this simple recipe and all the details for making this elegant and refreshing bellini cocktail below.
- Coupe Glasses or Champagne Flutes
- Small Pot
- Measuring Cup
- Glass Dish
- Ice cream Scoop
Welcome to my virtual classroom! Use the guided notes below where I often answer commonly asked questions I get from readers and cooks just like you.
This information is meant to help you have a stronger understanding of this recipe and the process so you can find success all on your own.
Ready to begin cooking? Simply jump to the recipe below and begin.
Frozen Peach Bellini Ingredients:
Here is what you will need to make the frozen peach bellini cocktail-
- Frozen Peach Slices: You can also use canned or fresh peaches if that is what you have access to but frozen work best.
- Granulated Sugar: This will be made into simple syrup and blended into the peaches. You can sub with allulose (or my keto simple syrup) to make this recipe with less sugar if desired.
- Water: Used to make the simple syrup mixture.
- Lime Juice: A little acidity helps balance out the peach nectar flavor from being too overpowering.
- Brut Champagne or Prosecco: Use whatever style of sparkling wine you prefer best.
- Garnish: Add fresh basil or mint to the cocktail.
In order to make a frozen bellini, you need to create the frozen peach sorbet first. This is only four ingredients and is quick and simple.
- Begin by bringing the water to a boil over high heat. Add in the sugar and allow it to fully dissolve.
- Remove the simple syrup from the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a blender pitcher, combine the peach slices and lime juice together. Pour the simple syrup over the mixture and blend until thick and smooth.
- Pour the contents of the pitcher into a glass dish, cover tightly, and freeze for 6- 8 hours or overnight.
Making The Cocktail:
The cocktail (if it can fully be called that) is easy to prepare. Grab a coupe glass (champagne glasses work but I prefer these over a flute because it’s easier for this drink).
Use an ice cream scooper and place a small scoop of the sorbet into each glass. Fill glasses with the champagne (3 oz. or so) and let the sorbet melt slightly.
Garnish the cocktail with some fresh basil or fresh mint if desired.
Other Helpful Tips:
- Chill your coupe glasses in the freezer prior to serving your cocktails.
- Remove the sorbet 10 minutes before serving so it’s easier to scoop.
- If you prefer an even stronger peach flavor you can add an ounce of peach schnapps too.
- Want to make this non-alcoholic? Try adding a splash of flavored sparkling water instead of the champagne and enjoy.
What To Serve With Frozen Bellinis:
I also love them with classic eggs and these crispy herb roasted potatoes too.
Frozen Peach Bellini
- 1 Bottle Champagne
- 4 cups Frozen Peach Slices
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Lime juiced
- Fresh Basil or Mint for garnish
- In a pot, add the water and sugar. Bring to a boil, stir to dissolve. When the sugar is fully dissolved, remove from the heat and let it cool at room temperature.
- In a blender combine the peach slices, lime juice, and simple syrup. Blend until smooth and thick.
- Pour the peach puree mixture into a freezer safe dish. Cover and freeze at least 6-8 hours or overnight.
Frozen Peach Bellini Assembly
- Freeze your champagne flutes or coupe glasses.
- Remove the peach sorbet from the freezer and let it soften 5-10 minutes to make scooping easier.
- Place a scoop of peach sorbet in the center of each glass.
- Top with your favorite brut champagne or prosecco. Garnish and enjoy!