If you have been searching for the perfect sugar free and keto friendly In N’ Out sauce, Big Mac sauce, or even a keto fry sauce, this is it! It’s easy to make, tangy, and the perfect addition to all your bunless burger recipes!
Making burgers on a keto diet is an easy and fairly affordable way to feel like you’re indulging, yet still keeping it keto (or even paleo or whole 30 friendly too). My go-to recipe for a juicy burger is my is the popular smash burger; these Keto Copycat In N Out Burgers are delicious, cheesy, crispy, and come together so well with the help of this “special sauce”.
But wait, can you have in and out sauce on a keto diet? You can, but often times it’s made with “less clean” ingredients that contain sugars (like ketchup and mayo). It’s easier to control what you put in your own sauce to make the perfect sugar free, gluten free, keto recipe.
Whether you’re a In N Out fan, love a Big Mac, or just want to jazz up some of your favorite keto fries (like these Crispy Jicama Fries) or these grilled keto radishes, this sauce is the ticket to taking an ordinary lettuce wrapped burger to the next level.
Grab the recipe below and read through some quick and easy tips for making this sauce sugar free, keto friendly for your next burger night!
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- Knife & Cutting Board
Buying this in the store makes little sense when the ingredients are pantry and fridge staples that you can easily throw together in 5 minutes or less. They dress up all my favorite “protein style” burgers (make mine a double double animal style any day). Here is what you need –
- Sugar Free Ketchup – There are a number of brands on the market these days but I typically find myself buying from Primal Kitchen. I know it’s keto, paleo, gluten free, sugar free, and whole 30 approved. I keep it on hand and a little goes a long way. Check it out here on Amazon or find it at stores like Whole Foods too.
- Avocado Mayo- While you definitely don’t HAVE to go this route, if you’re looking to reduce additives, sugars, and lower quality oils, I like to stick to with an avocado oil based mayo. My go-to brands are Primal Kitchen (again) and Chosen Foods. Both are compliant for keto, paleo, and whole 30 as well. They’re a good alternative if you stick to a long term keto diet.
- Mustard- Mustard is already a low carb condiment. I prefer a standard yellow mustard but a Dijon is a good alternative as well.
- Diced Dill Pickle- Avoid sweetened pickles or pickle relish (traditionally used) because of the added sugars. Use a dill pickle and dice it in place of a relish to limit sugars but still get that classic flavor and crunch!
- Dill Pickle Juice- The juice acts as a bit of acid to break up the mayo base for this sauce/ dressing. Additionally, it thins it slightly and makes it easier for spreading and amplifies the flavor.
- Minced Onion (or grated)- Add a little fresh onion (over onion powder) to add to flavor and texture. You can even grate the onion in to amplify the onion taste too.
- Spices- Salt and Pepper that you can season to taste, some paprika for color and smoky flavor, and finally some garlic powder to tie it all together.
Mixing & Using-
This recipe is so simple, grab a bowl, measure out your ingredients, and whisk away. While you can use this sauce immediately, I think it tastes best after it slightly marinades and the flavors meld first.
I love using this as a side of dipping sauce for my Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Kebabs and as the perfect copycat for a protein double double animal style homemade In N’ Out burger.
Want a quick dinner fix? Cook up some ground beef, add some slices of cheese, and other burger toppings into a bowl and drizzle this over the top for an easy “burger-in-a-bowl” dinner with all the perfect macros and only 1 net carb per serving.
While this is great on burgers I even love it on veggies. Whether its the low carb keto jicama fries I mentioned above or even on your favorite veggies (crispy brussels, roasted broccoli, and other favorite veggies). I also love this over a salmon burger or with chicken too. The ideas are endless! Give it a go!
- 1/2 cup Mayo (I like avocado mayo)
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar Free Ketchup
- 2 tsp. Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Minced Dill Pickle
- 1 tbsp. Minced Onion
- 1-2 tsp. Pickle Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- In a bowl, combine the mayo, sugar free ketchup, and mustard.
- Add in the minced pickles, pickle juice, and minced onion.
- Finish it off with the salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder and whisk to combine. If you want it a little thinner add in a splash more of pickle juice if desired.
- Serve on your Keto In N Out Burgers with low carb jicama fries or other burgers and veggies.
While you can serve this sauce right away, let it rest for 30 minutes or so to help meld the flavors!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 50Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 1gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g