Bacon just got better with this candied honey jalapeño bacon recipe. The perfect addition to your next breakfast or brunch to impress your family and friends.
I know that bacon is delicious on its own, but I am all about taking things up a notch and making things even tastier! Not only is this honey jalapeño bacon recipe perfect for a homemade breakfast or brunch, but it is also perfect for a football season snack. If you bring these to a watch party, they will be gone before you know it!
You can make this candied bacon recipe in the oven or on the smoker, whatever you prefer. This recipe is super easy and you will have crispy, delicious bacon in no time.
Why This Recipe Works:
My honey jalapeño bacon recipe takes the savory flavor of bacon and balances it with brown sugar and honey, making candied bacon. Topped off with pickled jalapeños, this bacon is the perfect balance of salty, sweet, spicy and tangy!
If you have never had candied bacon before, you absolutely have to try it. It makes the bacon a crispier, slightly sticky texture that is so satisfying and delicious to snack on. With this bacon recipe, you will have a different experience than with your standard crispy bacon.
- Baking Sheet
- Wire Rack
- Small Bowl
Welcome to my virtual classroom! Use the guided notes below where I often answer commonly asked questions I get from readers and cooks just like you.
This information is meant to help you have a stronger understanding of this recipe and the process so you can find success all on your own.
Ready to begin cooking? Simply jump to the recipe card below and begin.
- Bacon: This is the star of the show. You can get regular bacon or thick cut if you prefer!
- Brown Sugar: A mixture of brown sugar and honey will caramelize in the oven and make this bacon candied and crispy.
- BBQ Dry Rub: You can find a BBQ dry rub in the spices section of the grocery store. If you don’t have one on hand, then you can mix some pepper and paprika together.
- Pickled Jalapeños: These come in jars or cans at the grocery store. You can buy them sliced and then dice some of them for the recipe.
- Honey: Honey is the perfect touch of sweet added to the savory, spicy bacon!
- Preheat the oven or smoker to 375 F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with foil and placing a wire rack on top.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar and BBQ seasoning.
- Remove the bacon from packaging and lay it out across the wire rack on the baking sheet.
- Cover one side of the bacon with half the brown sugar and BBQ mixture and press it onto each slice. Add a drizzle of honey across all of the bacon.
- Flip the bacon over on the rack and add the remaining brown sugar mixture and another drizzle of honey.
- Add the diced pickled jalapeño over the top of the bacon slices.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven or smoker and cook for about 30 minutes or until the bacon is browned and the honey and brown sugar is tacky.
- Remove and let it rest a minute or two before removing it from the wire rack. Make sure you don’t let it cook too much or else the bacon will stick to the wire rack due to the sugar. Let the bacon cool on parchment paper to prevent sticking and serve on a platter with your favorite breakfast!
Expert Tips for the Best Honey Jalapeño Bacon:
- While I love making this bacon in the smoker, the oven is also a super convenient way of making bacon. It is easy to get a crispy piece of bacon without having a huge mess! Just be careful when you take the baking sheet out of the oven, as the hot grease will be accumulated underneath the bacon.
- There is no need to flip the bacon once it is in the oven. Just sit back and relax and let the oven or smoker to its thing!
- If you use thick cut bacon, let it cook a little bit longer to ensure it gets nice and crispy!
- Make sure the bacon slices are in a single layer and are not overlapping. This will ensure that each piece gets nice and crispy!
Honey Jalapeño Bacon is delicious on its own, but it makes a great addition to your favorite breakfast! Pair this bacon with pancakes or waffles and a fried egg. Or, try making it with some of my favorite breakfast recipes!
- Almond Flour Biscuits
- Crispy Garlic Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Low Carb French Toast Casserole
- Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- Brussels Sprout Hash
- Fuzzy Navel Cocktail
More Breakfast Recipes to Try:
- Keto Candied Bacon with Bourbon
- Keto Pumpkin Bread Scones
- Corned Beef Hash
- Chorizo Biscuits and Gravy
- Low Carb Chicken and Waffle Bites
Honey Jalapeno Bacon Recipe
- 1 lb. Bacon
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Smoky BBQ Dry Rub
- 1/4 cup Diced Pickled Jalapenos extra whole pieces for garnish
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Preheat the oven or a smoker to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with foil and a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar and BBQ seasoning. You can sub with some 1 tsp. black pepper and 1 tsp. paprika if you do not have a dry rub.
- Remove the bacon from the packaging and lay it out across the wire rack on the baking sheet.
- Cover one side of the bacon in half of the brown sugar mixture and press it onto each slice. Add a drizzle of honey across all of the bacon.
- Flip the bacon pieces over on the rack and add the remaining brown sugar mixture and a honey drizzle again.
- Add the diced pickled jalapeno over the top of the bacon slices.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven or onto the smoker and cook for about 30 minutes or until the bacon is browned and the honey and brown sugar is tacky.
- Remove and let rest a minute or two before removing from the wire rack. Do not let the bacon fully cool on the rack or it could stick. Let the bacon cool on parchment (helps prevent sticking) and serve on a platter with your favorite breakfast.