After I created those scrumptious Keto Almond Flour Biscuits last week, I knew I had to make a pretty epic gravy to go with it. Because what’s a perfect keto biscuit without a perfect keto gravy?
I couldn’t just make any ordinary keto gravy either, but a chorizo sausage gravy. And, it didn’t disappoint either! Also, the addition of cheddar and jalapeno to the biscuits was pretty damn delicious too.
That settles it, you better go make this.
Find the full recipe for this insanely delicious keto low carb take on a classic dish below and read through for all the helpful tips and tricks!
- Food Processor / Biscuit Cutter
- 9″ Round Pan or Cast Iron Skillet
- Biscuit Cutter
- Sauce Pan
- Measuring Cup & Spoons
- Wooden Spoon and Whisk
Last week, I shared this recipe for Keto Almond Flour Biscuits. They’re light, fluffy, flaky, and buttery. Everything you expect in a good biscuit. Head on over to the link post above to read more about how easy this basic keto style biscuit recipe is!
I added some freshly slice jalapenos and fresh grated cheddar to my standard recipe. This resulted in an even more addictive and savory biscuit! Be sure to use fresh grated cheese for a better biscuit consistency too.
While the biscuits are baking, prepare your gravy. I like to use a shallow saucepan for making the sauce personally.
Start by cooking and browning the chorizo. You can use regular breakfast sausage as well if you prefer. The most important step is to drain the sausage and fat onto a paper towel and set it aside before starting the gravy.
My approach to a keto gravy is to use a little cream cheese like you would a roux and to heat heavy cream in a pan together. If you need it a little thicker then add a small amount of xanthan gum or cornstarch.
Once the gravy base is thickened and heated through, return the sausage to the gravy and mix until combined.
Taste to season if needed. The chorizo is very flavorful and does add a lot of salt and spice to the sauce. I usually add pepper and cumin. Serve a ladle full of chorizo gravy over your beautiful cheddar and jalapeno biscuits.
If you love these savory keto friendly biscuit recipes as much as me, check out my Low Carb Nashville Hot Chicken Sliders recipe too!
- 1 batch of Keto Biscuits
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar
- 1 Small Jalapeno, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 3 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 8 oz. Ground Chorizo
- Optional: Season with black pepper and cumin
- Make the keto biscuits according to the directions. Then mix in the shredded cheddar and the sliced jalapenos. Cut out the biscuits and bake according to the recipes instructions.
- While the biscuits are baking, start your gravy.
- Begin by cooking the chorizo sausage until it is fully cooked and browned. Drain the mixture onto a plate lined with a paper towel and set it aside.
- In the same pan, melt the cream cheese in the pan with a little bit of the cream until it is dissolved.
- Slowly add the remaining cream and whisk until the mixture is dissolved.
- Keep the heat on medium low and continue to whisk for a few minutes until it thickens. Add more cream cheese if needed then stir in the chorizo until mixed and serve over your biscuits.
Sub the chorizo for regular sausage if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 468mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g