Easy Keto Crackers:
I’ve been making these for a while on my own… and I have NOT shared the recipe. Who even am I??? Well, I apologize for hoarding this. Too many recipes, so little time (that’s my story and I am sticking to it).
These crackers are made from the same dough I use for my Keto Tortillas, my Low Carb Thin Crust Pizza, these Baked Keto Egg Rolls, and even these Keto Ice Cream Cones. YES, this dough makes ALL THE THINGS! With a few tweaks and a few tricks, this dough is perfect when you want to replace the standard carb filled foods with something crispy and crunchy.
Find the full recipe for these super simple, keto and gluten free crackers below. Read on for a few great tips and tricks too!
- Food Processor
- Parchment Paper
- Rolling Pin
- Cookie Cutter or Pizza Wheel
- Baking Sheet
Like I mentioned above, this recipe was adapted from my keto tortilla recipe. I found that if you bake instead of fry, the dough gets crispy and crunchy and really makes for the perfect cracker. When I’m in a pinch, I do love using low carb tortillas but this is a perfect, easy, and lower carb (also gluten free) way to achieve crackers at home.
The dough is made in about 5 minutes in the food processor. A food processor is really what works best here, otherwise the ingredients don’t mix as well. If you do not have a food processor you can try a hand or stand mixer instead but be aware that the outcome may vary.
I prefer to roll the dough into a very thin, 1/8th of an inch thick sheet between two pieces of parchment paper. If I have my fancy pants on for the day, I use this little cookie cutter to make pretty crackers. If I don’t give a darn about what they look like (hanger is a real thing kids), then I go crazy with the pizza wheel and cut out the crackers.
Brush with a little olive oil or avocado oil over the top. Then sprinkle on your favorite seasonings. It can be as simple as some sea salt, some everything bagel seasoning, or even powdered cheese! Get crazy, go wild, do what you gotta do.
Bake them on a parchment paper baking sheet until lightly golden brown and crisp to the touch. Let them cool and take yourself to dip town, population one… because we all know you’re not sharing. This is a keto police free zone yall (I don’t judge).
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Xanthan Gum
- 2 tbsp. Water
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Seasoning of your choice
- 1 Egg
- Olive Oil (for brushing)
- Extra seasoning (for tops of crackers)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a food processor, combine all the dry ingredients and pulse to mix. Add the egg and water and pulse again until combined and the dough forms a ball.
- Dump the dough out onto a piece of parchment paper. Place another piece of parchment over the top. Roll the dough out to 1/8" thick. Cut out desired crackers with a cookie cutter or pizza wheel and place on a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with your favorite seasoning.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden brown. Cool before serving. Store for a few days in a sealed container or plastic bag.