Let’s switch up your normal nacho game with classic Mediterranean flavors to make low carb keto friendly healthy Greek nachos platter.
Where are my nacho lovers at!? Nachos make a fun and easy, shareable appetizer that are so fun to get creative with. You may have tried my cauliflower gnocchi nachos or even these low carb bacon chip nachos, but there is a special place for these low carb Greek inspired nachos in my heart too.
This recipe is so simple to make with my homemade low carb pita chip recipe or by using store bought lower carb lavash bread too.
- Baking Sheet
- Pastry Brush
- Knife & Cutting Board
- Frying Pan
- Mixing Bowl
How to make low carb pita chips for nachos-
Let’s keep this recipe easy! You can definitely go ahead and make my Low Carb Pita Chips recipe or use my Keto Crackers recipe too for the Greek nacho base. It’s delicious, but sometimes, even I am too lazy (shocking right) to make these from scratch.
So if you want an faster way to make keto pita chips, I’ve been loving the Joseph’s Flax Pita Breads. They’re so easy and fast because you can skip the dough making. Just brush with a little oil, sea salt, slice into triangles, bake and voila. Low carb pita chips!
You could also stay true to the “nacho” theme and use a low carb tortilla too (following the same process).
Greek Style “Nacho” Toppings:
These Greek inspired nachos obviously do not have your typical nacho toppings. You can mix and match your toppings to fit your liking but you can break it down like this:
- Place the homemade pita chips on a platter platter and begin by placing some hummus (optional) across the chips.
- Next, decide which proteins you want to use. In the past, I’ve used my leftover marinated Greek chicken or you can even use the beef from this slow cooker gyros recipe too. Store bought gyro meat or shredded chicken work perfectly as well
- Top your protein with some shredded lettuce, cherry tomatoes, diced cucumber, a bit of red onion, and some diced peppers.
- Finish your nachos off with a nice handful of kalamata olives, feta cheese, and a beautiful drizzle of tzatziki sauce. Serve, devour, and destroy!
- 4 Low Carb Pita Breads (or low carb tortillas)
- Olive oil & Sea Salt
- 8 oz. Chicken or Beef Gyro Meat
- 1/4 cup Hummus
- 1 cup Lettuce, shredded
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Cucumber, diced
- 1/4 Red Onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 Yellow or Orange Pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese
- 6 Kalamata Olives, halved
- Tzatziki sauce for drizzling over the top
Make your low carb pita chips - Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Brush both sides of the pitas with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt. Cut into triangles and place the pita bread onto the baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
Cook your chicken or gyro meat in a pan if you're adding protein. Remove, dice, and set aside.
Arrange the pita chips onto a platter. Place the hummus in a plastic bag and snip the bottom off. Use it as a piping bag to evenly distribute across the chips. Then add the meat of choice over the chips as well.
Sprinkle in the halves tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, peppers over the meat.
Sprinkle on the sliced olives and feta. Drizzle with tzatziki and serve.
Check out the post on how to make homemade keto pita chips or where to buy low carb lavash bread to make your own!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 474mgCarbohydrates: 14gNet Carbohydrates: 9gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 25g