Keto Blonde Brownies:
I am a tried and true chocolate chip cookie kinda girl. I grew up on Grandma’s blonde brownies and Toll House pan cookies. This recipe is a keto and low carb version of those favorites and my cookie cravings are very very satisfied because of it.
What I love most is definitely the texture of these blonde brownies. They’re soft and tender, and yet still slightly chewy. The recipe is easy and can be assembled and baked in under 30 minutes too! Find the full recipe for these Keto Blonde Brownies below.
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer
- Measuring Tools
- 8×8″ Pan
- Rubber Spatula
These Keto Blonde Brownies are extremely simple to make! They’re very similar to my Pumpkin Bread Bars and my Gingerbread Cookie Bars. Start by creaming your softened butter, softened cream cheese, and low carb sweetener (I love the Lankto brand) together in a bowl with a hand mixer. Mix in the vanilla and the eggs. Finally, add in the dry ingredients (almond flour, baking powder, and xanthan gum) and then fold in the sugar free chocolate.
Xanthan gum is not a crucial component to the outcome of the recipe, however I do highly recommend it. It acts as a binding agent when combined with almond flour, making the cookie bars hold together well and not become too crumbly. You can also sub in arrowroot powder or cornstarch if you prefer but you will need to adjust the nutritional information.
Pour the mixture into the greased pan and spread it evenly. Bake the Keto Blonde Brownies until a toothpick comes out clean (they will still be soft and tender to the touch but should be cooked). Cut into bars and serve warm, or add a scoop of your favorite low carb ice cream over the top too!
- 1/4 cup Softened Butter (NOT MELTED)
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Monk Fruit Powder (or other low carb sweetener of choice)
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 cup Sugar Free Chocolate or Dark Chocolate Chips
- Optional: Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease an 8X8" pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine the butter, cream cheese, and low carb sweetener together and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Mix in the vanilla and the eggs.
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder, and xanthan gum into the mixture. Fold in the chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the 8x8" pan and spread evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the mixture is set and a toothpick comes out clean. NOTE- Glass baking dishes may need slightly more time to bake vs. a darker non-stick pan.
- Allow the bars to cool before cutting and serve.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 109 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 38mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 4g