The perfect cakey, low carb brownie, topped with the easiest keto friendly caramel sauce, pecans, and dark chocolate drizzle. So good you would never know they were keto or gluten free!
I’ve never been a big cake or pie kind of girl. But if I see a brownie or a good chocolate chip cookie, count me in baby! I found a really easy way to make a moist, keto, and gluten free brownie when I first made my popular Keto Blonde Brownies (almost like a toll house pan cookie). I used that method to make my even more popular Keto Irish Cream Brownies.
I clearly couldn’t stop there and had to take it to the next level. I decided to pair my love for keto turtle candies with this easy to make chewy and rich (authentic) keto caramel sauce all in brownie form. It was an absolute match made in heave (if I do say so myself).
Find the full recipe for this simple to make brownie and read through for some really helpful tips and tricks to baking up a foolproof treat!
- One Large Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer
- Rubber Spatula
- Measuring cups/ spoons
- 9×9″ pan
- Small pot
The brownie batter is honestly so simple and modeled off of my keto Irish cream brownies recipe with a few tweaks! You just combine the ingredients in the bowl as if you were making a regular cake, cookie, or brownie batter. The trick here is to make sure you use accurate measurements and allow the butter and cream cheese to be softened thoroughly (but not melted).
The batter is not going to be a typical brownie batter texture. Almond flour is naturally very dense, but I do find that working with a fine almond flour (I use the Anthony’s brand) works best. Don’t be thrown off by the texture! Additionally, if you omit one of the eggs, the brownies to be less cakey and more fudgy (I did prefer these to be on the cakey side personally).
Pour the batter into a 9×9 inch pan. I like to line mine with parchment for easy clean up and for cutting. Do not over bake these, I find that is easy to do when working with a chocolate batter (hard to visually see doneness). As they cool they will continue to set.
Once the brownies are almost cool, make your keto caramel. If you’re unsure or intimidated by making the caramel sauce, check out the full detailed post with a ton of great tips and techniques. I promise it’s easy to make!
The trick is browning the butter (not burning it) and only using allulose as the low carb sweetener (unfortunately erythritol and mon fruit powder will not create the same effect at all).
Only using allulose keeps the caramel much more authentic, chewy, and oh so gooey! Once the caramel is done, pour over the top of the brownies and sprinkle the top with the chopped pecan pieces. Allow it to set up for about 10 minutes or so. Once set, pipe a nice drizzle of low carb or dark chocolate over the top.
I popped mine in the fridge to set the chocolate, cut them into 16 nice sized squares and dug in! These freeze nicely and store fine in a container on the counter for up to a week (if it lasts that long).
Easy Keto Turtle Brownies
- For the Brownie Batter-
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese softened
- 4 tbsp. Butter softened
- 1 cup Low Carb Granulated Sweetener
- 3 tbsp. Cocoa Powder Use a high quality one
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Xanthan Gum
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 batch of Keto Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup Melted Sugar Free Chocolate
- 1/4-1/3 cup Chopped Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 9X9" pan and place a piece of parchment in the pan if desired.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, butter, low carb sweetener, and cocoa powder.
- Next, mix in the eggs one at a time. Then mix in the remaining dry ingredients (almond flour, baking powder, and xanthan gum).
- Once thoroughly mixed, pour the batter into the 9X9" pan. Spread the batter evenly throughout the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Chocolate based baked goods are harder to determine when fully cooked, so use a toothpick to check the center and do not over bake! If you use an 8×8" or a glass baking dish, you may have to add additional baking time. Remove the brownies and let them fully cool before adding the caramel
- While they are cooling, make the Keto Caramel Sauce recipe. Once it’s cooked allow it to set a bin in a bowl or jar, stir as needed. Once the brownies are almost cool, pour the caramel sauce over the top.
- Add the chopped pecans over the top of the caramel immediately after it is added t the brownies. Then melt some of the low carb chocolate (or dark chocolate) and drizzle it over the top. Let the chocolate set fully before slicing into 16 bars.