Keto desserts don’t have to be complicated! Try this easy to follow gluten free, low carb cake, layered in a jar with homemade whipped cream and berries for the perfect late night or seasonal treat.
Easy Keto Berry Cake In A Jar:
When I was teaching full time, our students would sell “cake in a cup” and students and staff acted as if we were selling liquid gold. I’ve always love the idea of pre-portioned desserts too, because we all know how easy it can be to want to over indulge.
Plus, things just look prettier in jars even if you’re not an expert baker!
I had left over scraps from making these Easy Keto Ice Cream Sandwiches, and instead of tossing out the leftover pieces (obvious blasphemy) I re-purposed them to make these delicious, gluten free, easy keto berry cake in a jar and they did not disappoint.
Whether you have leftover cake scraps or not, you should definitely still make this dessert! They are beautiful, perfect when paired with summertime berries, and a super easy dessert that even the non keto eaters are going to dig in to.
Find the full recipe below for this easy keto treat and read on for a few helpful tips and tricks too!
- 8 oz Jars
- 9×9 Baking Pan
- Knife & Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Hand Mixer
- Piping Bag or Plastic Bag
Easy Keto Cake-
So to be fair this isn’t quite cake, not quite a cookie, or a brownie either. It’s somewhere in between all those things and most of all it’s delicious. I based the “cake” base off of my Keto Blonde Brownies recipes and found that when cut into smaller pieces or slightly crumbled it layers so well for this dessert.
The dough itself comes together quickly and mixes all in one bowl. Bake until just lightly golden and a little brown around the edges. It works best to cut it once it’s fully cool before adding to the jars.
Berries and Cream-
Keto friendly whipped cream is super simple and comes together fast. I prefer to use a hand mixer and beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
I would advise using a powdered low carb sweetener over a granulated one to sweeten the whipped cream so that it stays light and fluffy and not gritty. Add in a little vanilla and sometimes I’ll add a splash of grand mariner too if I want something a little fruitier (but this does add more carbs so be aware).
Slice the strawberries and leave your other berries whole. I like to use whatever looks best at the store, just be sure to use fresh berries over frozen.
Layer the jars with cake, berries, and cream and repeat. I like to use a piping bag or plastic bag to pipe the whipped cream into the jars for ease! These are best when made and eaten in the same day.
If you plan on preparing them ahead of time, my suggestion would be to have everything prepped and the layer right before serving so the cake doesn’t get too mushy. Garnish with a little mint if desired and dig in!
- 2 Tbsp. Softened Butter (NOT MELTED)
- 2 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cups Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup Low Carb Sweetener
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 8 oz. Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Powdered Low Carb Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Sliced Strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a bread loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl combine the melted butter and softened cream cheese together with a hand mixer. Add in the vanilla and egg and mix again. Finally add in the almond flour, low carb sweetener, baking powder, and xanthan gum.
- Pour the batter into a bread loaf pan and bake for about 15-20 minutes. It should just be lightly golden on the top and will finish setting as it cools. Allow it to fully cool before cutting into small pieces. Once the cake is cool, cut it into small pieces no large than 1" or they will be hard to fit into the jars.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form and add the powdered sweetener and the vanilla. Whip again until mixed and check for taste. If you like it sweeter add more powdered sweetener to it.
- Slice the strawberries and leave the other berries whole. Layer the jars with cake, a mix of berries, and whipped cream. You can play around with the layers and do one or two of each if desired. I mixed and matched mine.
You can opt to make one large trifle instead of smaller ones as well!
Bon Appeteach is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I only share products that I use and stand behind personally.
- Ateco 4712 Disposable Decorating Bags, 12-Inch, Pack of 100
- Ball 40801 Golden Harvest Mason Regular Mouth 8oz Jelly Jar 12PK 'Vintage Fruit Design', RM 8 Oz, Clear
- Espresso spoons 18/10 Stainless Steel,6-piece Vogue Mini Teaspoons set for Coffee British tea Dessert Cake Ice Cream cappuccino,5 Inch frosted handle,by Pukka Home (Silver)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g