A super easy, homemade, keto ice cream sandwich recipe that’s perfect for summer. Sugar free, gluten free, and guilt free too!
Keto. Ice Cream. Sandwiches. ERMGHD!
Let’s just say cravings and motivation can create some pretty damn delicious keto treats in my house. Good thing I have an equal measure of both (I’ll take one for the team here keto peeps, I got you).
The inspiration for this recipe came from my popular Keto Blonde Brownies recipe to make as the base of these sandwiches. Top with my No Churn Keto Ice Cream recipe (the flavor ideas are endless) and you have the perfect keto ice cream sandwich to stock in your freezer.
Find the full recipe below and read on for all the helpful tips and tricks to making these a perfect summer dessert.
- Baking Sheet
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer
- Measuring Cups/ Spoons
- Ice Cream Scoop
When I said this recipe was easy, it really is! The base of the sandwiches was made from my blondies recipe. The texture is part cookie, part cake and tastes perfect right out of the freezer.
I opted to double the standard recipe to make enough batter, sprayed a regular baking sheet with non-stick spray, and spread the batter into a nice, even, thin layer into the base of a baking sheet pan. This provides the perfect thickness for the sandwich base to be cut out of.
It bakes in about 20 minutes and is easy to either cut into even sized square bars (way less waste) or you can use a cookie cutter to cut out rounds.
There is more waste with the rounds, but don’t stress! I even made these little (keto) cake in jar treats with the leftovers (two desserts in one here friends… you just can’t go wrong).
Once the bars or rounds are cut/ prepped. I like to freeze them for 30-45 minutes before adding the ice cream. I usually have my keto ice cream base recipe always prepped and standing by in the freezer, and customize this base for different flavored sandwiches.
My favorites are:
- Coffee Flavored
- Mint Chocolate Chip
- Peanut Butter Chocolate (YUM)
Simply remove the ice cream from the freezer, let it rest on the counter for 10-20 minutes to thaw so it is scoop-able for forming your ice cream sandwiches. Place a few scoops on each cookies based and press down another cookie over the top! BAM! #icecreamsanwich
If you love this recipe and are still needing an ice cream fix, check out my 1 net carb keto ice cream cones too!
- Double Batch - Keto Blonde Brownies
- Your Favorite Keto Ice Cream
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- 2. Prepare the blonde brownie batter and using a offset spatula, spread the batter in an even layer across the baking sheet in a thin, even layer.
- 3. Bake until set and lightly golden brown, about 15 minutes. Allow it to cool completely before cutting into bars or rounds. Cutting the brownie bars into squares yields no waste, cutting with a cookie cutter may result in extra brownie. Eat the extra or use it for my easy keto cake trifle instead.
- 4. Allow the bases for your ice cream sandwiches to freeze for about 30-45 minutes. You want them to be hard enough to place ice cream on, press, and set.
- 5. Keep in the freezer until serving. Allow them to thaw for 10-15 minutes prior to eating (especially when using store bought keto/ low carb ice creams).
Nutritional value is based on making 36 squares from a sheet pan (16 sandwiches) and does not include the macros for the ice cream. Please always verify your own calculations for accuracy as products often vary.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g