A Smoky, spicy take on a traditional deviled egg.
Keto – Low Carb- Gluten Free!
Spicy Chipotle & Jalapeno Deviled Eggs:
Whether you’re on a keto or low carb diet or not, you’re probably no stranger to a traditional deviled egg. They’re super filling, and an easy to make appetizer, as well as a true crowd pleaser.
As a low carb eater myself, I find these to be a perfect snack to have on hand and often make them ahead of time. As much as I enjoy a traditional style deviled egg, I like finding ways to switch up the flavor profile.
I recently had some leftover chipotle peppers from this easy Keto Chipotle Chili, and used the remainder to create this spicy, flavor filled version deviled egg.
Find the full recipe below and read on for a few helpful tips and tricks!
- Food Processor
- Knife & Cutting Board
- Small Pot
- Baking Sheet
- Piping Bag or Plastic Bag
Spicy Chipotle Filling
Chipotle peppers are typically found marinated in a spicy tangy red sauce called Adobo. What I love about these peppers is how smoky they are and having that flavor come through in the filling. It balances out really well with the simplicity of the mayo and a few pinches of salt and pepper.
I highly recommend blending your filling through a food processor or mixing it with a hand mixer. It makes the filling so smooth, rich, and fluffy.
Once the flavor of the egg yolk and chipotle was created, I wanted to add a little texture to the eggs. I finely minced up some red pepper and jalapeno (about 2 Tbsp. of each).
The garnish on these eggs is not only beautiful, but it really adds to the texture and flavor of the egg. I shredded some pepper jack cheese and made tiny little cheese crisps that add a crispy spicy bite to these already amazing deviled eggs.
Toss in a few extra jalapeno slices and some fresh minced cilantro and it comes together just beautifully. Fancy looking food can also be simple!
If you are a huge egg lover like me, be sure to check out all these other keto and low carb amazing egg recipes that work for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 2 Tbsp. Chipotle/Adobo Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Minced Red Onion
- 2 Tbsp. Minced Jalapeno
- 1/4 cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Fresh cilantro and sliced jalapeno for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Grate about 1/4 cup of pepper jack cheese. Take a teaspoon and scoop out 12 individual piles of cheese and place each scoop onto the parchment paper. Bake till crispy about 5-7 minutes. Allow them to cool.
- Cut the hard boiled eggs in half. Place the yolks in a food processor.
- Add the mayo, adobo/chipotle sauce, salt, and pepper. Blend until light and smooth.
- Mince the red onion and jalapeno. Fold it into the egg yolk mixture.
- Place the filling in a piping bag or a plastic bag and pipe the filling into each empty egg white shell.
- Add a cheese crisp, a slice of jalapeno, and a sprinkle of cilantro to top it all off.
*If you plan on making these ahead of time wait to put the cheese crisps on until right before serving to prevent them from getting soggy*
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 63 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 59mg Sodium: 86mg Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 3g