- September 27, 2019
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie with Bacon
If you love chocolate, peanut butter, and candied bacon, then this keto friendly (mostly) no bake pie recipe is the perfect dessert for you! All your favorite flavors packed into a gluten free and sugar free dessert!
I recently made a recipe for Keto Candied Bacon with Bourbon and all I could think about is how stinkin delicious it would be with either this keto peanut butter skillet cookie, or better yet… a version of a keto friendly peanut butter pie.
I was right. It was stinkin delicious.
Because let’s get real, chocolate, peanut butter, and bacon were just made to go together. So, adding it to a keto friendly dessert that’s also gluten free and requires almost no baking?
Done. Sold. Made. Eaten. Happy.
Check out the full recipe for this easy (mostly) no bake keto pie! Read through this post for all the helpful tips and tricks too! Love a good no bake recipe? Give these easy No Bake Keto Cheesecakes a try too!
- 2 Large Mixing Bowls
- 9 Inch Spring Form Pan
- Hand Mixer
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Small Bowl & Spoon
The Chocolate Crust-
I love a good graham cracker or Oreo crust. I don’t love how many carbs come with them. Wanting a chocolate crust for this pie, I simply melted some butter and combined almond flour, low carb sweetener, cocoa powder, and a little xanthan gum together in a bowl.
Spray the spring form with non stick spray or grease with coconut oil. Use your hands to press the chocolate almond flour mixture into the base of the pan and up the sides at least a 1/2 inch or so.
It’s important to press down really well so that the crust adheres and sticks together. I like to use a smaller measuring cup or the base of a water glass to help press the mixture down and pack it together. Bake the crust according to the directions below and allow it to cool.
The Keto Peanut Butter Filling-
The filling is easiest to do in two steps. I use one large mixing bowl and a hand mixer or stand mixer with a whisk attachment works best.
I combine the softened cream cheese, peanut butter, and low carb sweetener together in the bowl. I find by using a powdered low carb sweetener in place of a granulated one, helps to avoid a grainy texture. Sugar free peanut butters do exist, or stick to an organic on with no sugar added (you can sometimes make your own at specialty food stores). Try subbing with peanut butter powdered as well for lower carbs.
Once the peanut butter and cream cheese has been mixed, whip the cream separately until stiff peaks form. I then add the peanut butter mixture into the whipped cream and stir on medium speed (don’t deflate the whipped cream by over mixing).
Once the two fillings are combined, pour the mixture into the prepared chocolate crust and spread it evenly over the top. Place the whole pie into the fridge to allow it to firm up and set. I think this works best over night.
I prefer garnishing and decorating before serving. I added a few chopped peanuts, the diced Keto Candied Bacon with Bourbon, and drizzled on some melted chocolate as well. Let it set up a few minutes in the fridge before removing from the pan.
Need some helpful tips to remove a pie safely from the spring form pan?
A little trick I like to utilize is to turn my gas burner on to medium low heat and to place the pan over the burner and turn it for about 10-15 seconds. This helps warm up the non-stick spray (or coconut oil etc.) and makes it easier to release from the sides without cracking or damage.
If you don’t have a gas stove, a lovely Instagram follower of mine mentioned they use a small blow torch around the sides to create a similar affect as well. Remove the sides and pop the bottom out of the pan, place on a plate to cut and serve!
If you plan on not serving this right away, leave the bacon off and out of the fridge. I find the candied bacon can get somewhat chewy otherwise.
Check out the full recipe for this delicious (mostly) no bake keto peanut butter pie recipe below and make sure to save it to Pinterest for later too!
Easy Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie with Keto Candied Bacon
- For the Crust-
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Low Carb Sweetener granulated
- 4 tbsp. Melted Butter
- For the Filling-
- 1/2 cup Organic sugar free Peanut Butter
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup Powdered Low Carb Sweetener
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 4 pieces of Keto Candied Bacon crumbled
- 2 tbsp. Melted Low Carb Chocolate I like Lilly’s or Choc Zero
- 1 -2 Tbsp Chopped Peanuts optional
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray a 9 inch spring form pan with non-stick spray.
2. In a bowl, combine the crust ingredients and mix well. Pour them into the base of the spring form pan and pack it down evenly in a thin layer and about 1/2" up the sides. I like to use a small measuring cup to help press the mixture down. Bake for 10-12 minutes until its set and allow it to fully cool.
- 3. For the filling, combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sweetener, and peanut butter together in a mixing bowl and whip until smooth. Set it aside. Whip the cream separately until stiff peaks form and then combine the two by lightly mixing or folding them together.
- 4. Pour the filling into the prepared crust and smooth out the top. Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours (ideally works best overnight). Garnish with the melted chocolate, keto candied bacon, and chopped peanuts before serving (the bacon can get chewier if it sits over night in the fridge).