Sugar cookie lovers unite! Check out this super easy, keto and low carb friendly fruit pizza recipe that’s a total crowd pleaser.
I’m not stranger to loving a good keto shortbread sugar cookie. But, I love it even more when it’s a sugar cookie crust! This keto fruit pizza recipe is a total crowd pleaser, easy to make, and hits all the keto, gluten free marks on my checklist.
A lot of keto baked goods often feel intimidating and contain lots of crazy ingredients. This keto dessert is easy to assemble, can be made to fit a dairy free diet if needed, and is topped with all your favorite fresh summer berries. What’s not to love?
Below I have outlined a ton of tips and techniques for making you a successful keto baker! Be sure to read more about the almond flour fruit pizza crust and tips for making this keto fruit pizza without cream cheese as well
- Food Processor
- Rubber Spatula
- Measuring cups/ spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- 12″ Pie Plate/ Tart Pan/ Pizza Pan
- Knife and Cutting Board
Making The Keto Sugar Cookie Pizza Crust-
My versatile grain free keto shortbread cookie recipe has been the base for so many recipes (like these incredible Keto Lemon Bars). It’s just a few ingredients and is easy to assemble with the help of a food processor.
What if I don’t have a food processor?
This recipe is still doable, but may need one extra step. The food processor is the easiest way to cut the cold butter into the dough and without one it could be difficult to do by hand. One tip you often see me give here is to freeze your butter and use a cheese grater and grate it in instead. This allows the butter to be small enough to be mixed into the dough cohesively.
Can I sub coconut flour for the almond flour?
Unfortunately, in most cases the two are not interchangeable because the properties of each are very different. This cookie comes out best with almond flour (coconut flour will be a lot more crumbly and will not hold the crust together well).
Assembling the crust-
Once the cookie dough comes together, grease the tart pan and press it in across the pan in a smooth and thin layer with a spatula or your hands. Bake it in a preheated oven to 350 degrees until lightly golden brown. Cool completely before filling!
The filling is simple to make and is made up of cream cheese, mascarpone (can sub cream cheese if desired), vanilla, and low carb powdered sweetener. Powdered works best for the filling so it isn’t gritty or grainy. Combine everything and whip it together until smooth and fluffy.
What can I use if I am dairy free?
Sub out the sour cream and mascarpone with some whipped coconut cream. Add the same ingredients and mix until combined. Add over the sugar cookie crust and spread it across the top.
Assembling Your Fruit Pizza-
For this recipe, I love to use all my favorite berries. Berries are your best bet for using low carb fruits for this recipe. Though these berries are low carb keto friendly, they can add up so be careful if you’re tracking!
A good rule of thumb for net carbs in berries is:
Strawberries- A medium size strawberry is about 1 net carb.
Blackberries- 1/2 cup is about 4 net carbs
Raspberries- 1/2 cup is roughly 3 net carbs
Blueberries- 1/2 cup is around 9 net carbs
Assemble them as desired. I love to slice the strawberries thin and fan them out, add in the raspberries and blackberries, then pile the blueberries into the middle. I like to slice a strawberry and fan it out in the middle. Garnish with mint if desired and serve as is. This fruit pizza serves eight larger size pieces.
Storing Your Fruit Pizza-
This stores really well! Lightly cover it with plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge. The chances of leftovers is fairly low, but if you have leftovers this will last for up to a week. Be sure to keep it cold so the berries stay fresh!
Be sure to check out the full video tutorial as well for a great visual guide. Be sure to rate this recipe and let me know how it is in the comments below! Not ready to make this recipe yet? Save this recipe to pinterest and make it later for all your favorite holidays, summer parties, and festive BBQ’s.
Looking for other BBQ treats that are low carb and keto friendly? Check out these other recipes below:
Keto Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza
- Cookie Crust:
- 1 3/4 cups Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 6 Tbsp. Cold Butter diced into chunks
- 1 tsp. Xanthan gum
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Low Carb Sweetener or your favorite low carb sweetener
- 6 oz. Mascarpone or softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Powdered Low Carb Sweetener
- 8 Strawberries sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Raspberries
- 1/4 cup Blackberries
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- In a food processor, combine the dry cookie ingredients and pulse until combine. Add in the cold butter and pulse again until it looks like course cornmeal. Add in the vanilla and the egg and mix until the dough is smooth and cohesive.
- Press the filling into a greased tart pan or pie plate using a rubber spatula. Make sue the dough is evenly spread and lightly goes up the sides. Bake in a preheat 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden brown and set. Let cool completely before filling.
- While the cookie crust is baking, combine the mascarpone (or softened cream cheese), sour cream, powdered low carb sweetener, and vanilla together into a bowl. Mix with a spatula until light and fluffy. Add to the cooled cookie crust and spread it evenly across the top.
- Assemble the top with the fruit and place in the fridge to set. You can serve and slice this right away but I do like the filling to set back up slightly before slicing. Store in the fridge covered for up to a week.