This Keto friendly marble pound cake is the perfect moist cake recipe! It’s gluten free, sugar free, and would trick any non-keto eater into thinking its a regular cake!
Bon Appeteach is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I only share products that I use and stand behind personally.
You should have seen the trial and error that went into this pound cake recipe. It was a disaster.
The first one didn’t rise at all and looked lumpy and chunky. It tasted pretty decent but looked absolutely horrible. The second version was a little better but I didn’t have enough batter to fill the bundt pan the way.
But the third, the third one came out so delicious I couldn’t even tell it wasn’t made with actual flour. In fact, I tried one slice and immediately ate a second. Oops (but not really if I am being honest).
Not to hype this Keto Marble Pound Cake or anything, but this is kind of a game changer for me. I think it will be for you too. Find the full recipe for Keto Marble Pound Cake below but I highly suggest reading through to see a bit of the technique that goes into this incredible cake!
- Bundt Pan (I think this truly works best…I did make this multiple times, remember?)
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Piping Bags or Plastic Bags
Making the Batter:
In my former life as a carb-loving baker, I knew a few things about making a decent baked good. The key to baking is in the technique and using proper measurements., because baking is essentially a form of chemistry (a tasty one too).
This recipe works best with a stand mixer. A hand mixer will work as well but you won’t get the same texture and results if you mix by hand. Begin by beating the softened butter and low carb sugar substitute (I prefer Lakanto brand) together in a bowl. This adds air and ultimately makes the cake lighter and fluffier, so let it mix thoroughly.
Next, add room temperature eggs. I am rather impatient with this and also sometimes forget. If that happens, I run them under hot water and then add one egg into the creamed butter mixture until it is all incorporated. Next mix in the cream cheese and blend so there are no chunks or pieces. Add the dry ingredients (almond flour, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt). Once everything in incorporated, divide the batter in half and add the cocoa powder to one half. This gives you both your chocolate and vanilla cake batters to form your Keto Marble Pound Cake.
Making It Marbled:
I started by greasing my bundt pan with melted coconut oil. I was nervous it would stick, but the cake came out so easily! So make sure you grease it!
Take your batter and place the vanilla in one piping bag (or use a plastic bag and cut the corner off) and the chocolate in the other. Every bundt pan is different, so you might have to adjust the technique based on the pan you use.
I started by striping the batter into the pan, alternating between the chocolate and the vanilla. Repeat this with a second layer. This time however, I add a line of chocolate over a previous piped vanilla line and a vanilla line over a previously piped chocolate line.
This helps create layers and equal amount of the flavored batter distributed throughout (creating a more marbled look). After two layers were completed I filed the rest of the pan in and smoothed out the top with a rubber spatula. Bake the cake and allow it to be almost completely cool before removing!
How To Eat It:
Yes…YES there is a correct way to eat this. Trust me.
It’s heavenly and delicious and amazing and OH-EM-GEE , it makes me insanely happy.
In a skillet or griddle melt some of your favorite butter (I love me some Kerry Gold). Let it melt on medium heat and then place a slice of the pound cake directly onto the pan and allow it to brown slightly. Flip it and repeat. Serve with some easy homemade whipped cream and fresh strawberries (make sure to include this when you account for your macros).
I truly hope you love every bit of this Keto Marble Pound Cake as much as I did!
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Low Carb Sweetener
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 5 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare your bundt pan by greasing it with coconut oil and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the softened butter and low carb sweetener and mix with a paddle attachment. Allow this to mix until it is well combined.
- Next, add the softened cream cheese and allow it to incorporate into the butter mixture so there are no chunks of cream cheese visible.
- Add the room temperature eggs, one at a time and allow them to be mixed in thoroughly before adding another. Then mix in the vanilla.
- Finally, add the baking powder, xanthan gum, salt, and almond flour to the mixer and beat until it is all combined.
- Take half the batter and place it in a separate mixing bowl. Add the 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and blend it in well.
- Use a two piping bags or plastic bags with the tips cut off. Add the batter of the vanilla to one and chocolate to the other.
- To form the marble cake pipe stripes of vanilla, then chocolate, then vanilla all along the inside base. The striped layers should be touching. Repeat this again with a second layer of batter over the first but alternate. A vanilla stripe goes over a chocolate and a chocolate stripe over a vanilla. Once the second layer has been added add the rest of the batter into the pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
- Allow the cake to be almost fully cooled before remove from the pan.To serve- Eat plain...OR add a little butter to a pan and grill each side of a sliced piece of pound cake. Add homemade sugar free whipped cream and a few sliced strawberries.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 16ggSaturated Fat: 8ggTrans Fat: 0ggCholesterol: 95mgmgSodium: 295mgmgCarbohydrates: 3ggNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1ggSugar: 1ggProtein: 4gg