Dairy Free Chocolate Cake:
You know that moment after you made a seriously delicious meal and you just need, NEED something sweet? By something sweet I obviously mean chocolate. By chocolate, I mean a slice of this incredible keto friendly Dairy Free Chocolate Cake my dear blogger friend Anna over at Keto In Pearls made.
You see, the crazy thing about being a full time recipe developer is that sometimes you’re so wrapped up in creating, that you can miss out on some incredible recipes that already exist out there in this crazy low carb world. Thankfully, I keep some incredible “virtual” company these days in my friend Anna.
She’s a keto recipe powerhouse, a loving mom of three, and a great follow (if you aren’t already). All of her recipes are relatable, delicious, and this Dairy Free Chocolate Cake doesn’t disappoint. In fact, I may be addicted (thankfully it’s only 2 net carbs per slice)!
Read on for the usual tips and tricks and find her full recipe here!
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- Measuring Cups/ Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Bundt Pan (Anna also offers suggestions for baking in other pans)
Anna notes that this recipe is about as easy as a box mix, and she isn’t wrong. She also recipe tests with the trickiest test tasters around… her kiddos! So I knew it just had to be good, even before I started. I used my stand mixer and started with the whisk attachment. This helps when you first combine all the dry ingredients in the bowl to break up any lumps.
Switch out the whisk attachment for the paddle attachment and incorporate the mayo and then the eggs. Pro tip- room temperature eggs are always best when baking because it helps ensure a lighter, fluffier batter.
Once everything is combined, pour the batter into your greased baking dish and bake until set and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool till it’s only warm to the touch before transfering onto a plate.
Anna topped her’s with an elegant and simple sprinkle of low carb powdered sugar. I opted to make a low carb chocolate ganache to model this recipe after a favorite chocolate cake staple from my childhood (Any other Portillos chocolate cake fans out there???). Find my recipe for the low carb chocolate ganache below!
Low Carb Chocolate Ganache Icing
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream use coconut milk for dairy free
- 1/2 cup Sugar Free Chocolate I use Lilly's
- In a microwaveable safe dish, heat the heavy cream for 1 minute.
- Remove from the microwave and dump in the chocolate and let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Once it sits and melts, whisk vigorously until the chocolate is fully incorporated into the cream.
- Pour the ganache over the cake and let it set. Serve the cake once it is set and refrigerate leftovers.